Tuesday, May 29, 2012

One More Week and Counting...

I can't wait for our daughter Lauren to come back from a school year in Northern Ireland!!!  Here's a few stories from when she was little  (I miss her so much that I've been going thru the baby books!)

Almost 2:  She toddled over to Steve and asked, "You have any money?"
Steve laughed, "What do you want money for?"
"I need to put some in my pockets."  Then she patted the sides of her shorts and exclaimed, "Oh! I don't have any pockets!"  And toddled away.

Age 3 1/2:  Lauren came into our room and Steve said, "Lauren, what are you doing up so early?"
"I was sleeping, but then my fingernails were growing and I woke up!"
Steve asked if she was going to go back to bed.
"Not until you cut my fingernails!"

Age 4:  Older brother Ryan (9) had drawn several really nice pictures the night before.  I noticed Lauren busy coloring in the morning.  She stood up so sweetly and said, "I accidentally colored on one of Ryan's pictures--accidentally!"  She shrugged her shoulders and shook her head in disbelief, " I colored on this one, and this one and this one and this one --but accidentally just!"

Age 5:  Lauren and younger sister Alana were counting their fingers and both came up with different amounts.  Lauren said, "Well, I must have less fingers than you do, Alana.

The years slip by so quickly!  Maybe this week will, too.
©/2012  Jana B. Patrick,  janasrandomwriting.blogspot.com

4 comments:

  1. Arlene and Darren LeckeyMay 29, 2012 at 3:30 PM

    im sure u miss her Jana we will be meeting up with her this weekend so can assure u her last weekend in Ireland will be a rememberable but safe one really missing u guys. take care Arlene and Darrenxx ps- we both just love to sit down and read ur blogs:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one is way to cute & funny! AND the one about the plane is way to funny!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stories... they made me smile!

    ReplyDelete