Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thanksgiving Guest

Our front door is all glass and you can imagine my surprise when I turned around the corner and saw a GIANT, fat turkey standing at the front door.  No, I didn't take a picture, (drat)  instead I called our catatonic, perennially somnolent little doggie to the door to see what he would do. He actually barked.  He scared the turkey a total of about five feet away.  Tom turkey and friends hung out in the yard awhile discussing how to get inside.  They had heard of previous generations being the Guests of Honor at November gatherings and wanted a piece of the action.  As far as I was concerned, they were not welcome unless they came frozen, featherless, headless and dead.
©11/2012  Jana B Patrick

Happy Thanksgiving.  Gobble, gobble.

No comments:

Post a Comment