Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Random Hockey Thoughts

I play hockey year round and sometimes go right to picking up the grand kids and hanging out with them. Someday they will walk into a stinky, rancid locker room, inhale deeply and exclaim fondly, "Hey!  This smell reminds me of...Nana!!!"

My hockey shot is pathetically off course.  I told a pacifist friend of mine that I was going to take some shooting lessons. "You have a GUN?!!" she asked incredulously.  No, just a hockey stick.

"I forgot my hockey stick at the airport!" I cried out while we were being driven away to Scottsdale, Arizona from Minnesota in early October.  (This was during my 6 week online shooting course, so naturally I needed the stick to practice while I was gone.)  The limo driver turned around abruptly and said, "YOU play hockey? I played for the Detroit Red Wings back in the 70's and 80's."  How cool is that? ( As he laments, "the guys now make more in one week than I made in a year...") Yeah, but you got to play in THE NHL!!!
I used to usher at the North Star games back when he was playing against them.  I only got $1.65 an hour, (and , okay, FREE North Star games)--Quit your whining, dude!
©10/2012  Jana B Patrick




1 comment:

  1. Cool!!! ps: I can only imagine the confusion your grand kid's noses must be in! lol

    ReplyDelete