Tuesday, June 19, 2012

There Was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe...

I'm on my third generation of singing nursery rhymes to kids:  First to my younger siblings, then to my own kids and now to my grandkids.  I live in fear that I will be doing the same in the nursing home someday...

Stephen:  "HI Nana! I hope all's ok-- I see the doc and nurses just left..."
Me:  "Five little ducks that I once knew, wibble, wobble, wibble wobble to and fro..."
Stephen:  "Yeah...  So, Nana, I'd like you to meet my girlfriend, Jill."
Me:  "Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water..."
Stephen:  "Rrrrrright.   And I met Jill while I was studying in Ireland--"
Me:  "In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty--"
Jill:  "Um...thanks?  Stephen told me you used to write a blog--"
Me:  "Hot cross buns, hot cross buns, one-a-penny, two-a-penny hot cross buns."
Stephen:  "She did, until she went nuts..."
Me:  "Hey diddle diddle, the cat and the fiddle the cow jumped over the moon...Hey, Stephen, did you bring me back any Guinness?"
©6/2012  Jana B Patrick

1 comment: