Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The BF Cuisinart

Right after 9/11 my mom and I were sitting at the desk of the manager of the local cemetery.  Mom was buying real estate for her and Dad's long term use someday in the distant future.  She and I were discussing the plight of the 9/11 World Trade Towers victims.
Mom:  "I wonder if they will find many of the bodies."
Me:  "I doubt it, it's been burning for several days."
Cemetery Dude who looks up from crunching numbers on his calculator:  "Oh, I'm sure they will find some bones.  Even with OUR cremation at 1500 degrees, the big bones don't burn so we have to put them in a giant 'Cuisinart' type thingy to grind them up so they can fit in the urns."  
eeeeeeeuuuugh!   TMI!!!
©6/2012  Jana B Patrick

PS  Ryan read this then said, "I suppose Dad would want his ashes sprinkled on a golf course, and Mom, YOU would want yours on a hockey rink, and that would get pretty messy after the zamboni came through..."

3 comments:

  1. ROTFL~!!!!! TMI~! TMI~! TMI~! TMI~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gross! Just one more reason to stick with my rot in the coffin plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who is a funeral director and wanted to host a Chamber after Hours event. He said he could make personal pan pizzas using the crematorium...figures its better than a brick oven...from Bemidjimike

    ReplyDelete