Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Random Class Reunion

     The death board of yearbook pix at the last class reunion I attended was a bit ominous. It was hard to be upbeat with all of those frozen 18 year old faces staring at us. I will stop going when that list is longer than the guest list...
     My alma mater is not the only reunions I've attended.  In my early 20's, several of my girlfriends and I went to Chicago annually for Labor Day weekend. One especially fun trip--besides crashing The Bronze Ladies convention and the World Subgenious convention-- we crashed a class reunion.  Walking along the waterfront we saw a docked ship that had a partay going on-- a 5 year class reunion gig!  We snuck in the back entry by the galley, plastered on some name tags and schmoosed!  "Oh, Troy!  You look fantastic!  You haven't changed AT ALL!!!  And we all thought you would be so bald  by now!"  "Cathy!  You look GREAT!  But all your body parts are a solid 6" lower!" "Marilyn--six kids already--wow!! And how many dad's??"       
(just kidding, we DID pretend to know people, but we were NICE!)
     

      Class reunions seem to come more swiftly, gravity keeps tugging harder and harder, "you are as young as you feel,"  (What decrepit optimist made that up?) and  there  is a time for every purpose--where it used to be Miller time, now it's nap time.  (unless I can find a good party) (...that is over by 9pm)
 ©9/2011  Jana B Patrick

7 comments:

  1. now I know where Lani's crashing skills came from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA! LOVE IT, JANA!
    You are right Lauren! :)

    ~Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  3. ‎....keeping me laughing...! CW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jana!
    I remember well the Chicago trip.... Lots of fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. fyi...

    Chicago police have your pic and post on their website....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny. You have a talent Jana. Greg

    ReplyDelete