Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Retired but not tired

My husband Steve has retired after working for 35 years.  People ask him what he's going to do all day.  His answer? He says now he's going to find out what I do all day.  
(I had to tell George Clooney he can't come over anymore.)


It's true that I never seem to get much accomplished during the day.  One of Steve's first days home he had worked out at the gym, went grocery shopping, chipped ice off the driveway, sorted through emails, paid the bills, walked the dog, and then said, "Ok, now what do I do?"  It was 9 a.m.


Golf season is on it's way!


CONGRATULATIONS, STEVE!!!  THANKS FOR ALL THE YEARS OF HARD WORK.  WELCOME HOME!!!
THEN:

200 Minnesotans You Should Know 

Stephen Patrick

CEO and President, BWBR Architects
April 2010 |

Twin Cities Business Journal







                                                             NOW:                                                                                     

Two Minnesotans Who Love Having Grampa Home!
    Guiding Future Architect
         John's 3M Project
©1/2012  Jana B Patrick

10 comments:

  1. thanks for the blog, too. I read some of the older ones as well, very funny! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  2. great story and pictures! I love it! Dianne C

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking for some on-call stockroom help at jcpenney...best $8 an hour job in town...tell him though we don't pay mileage to Bemidji. Mike Beard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jana, you better get out of the house and come visit me. Jean K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go Steve! Mary Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please tell him CONGRATS!! Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Steve! Jon is jealous!!! Karen W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved the blog. Those little guys are adorable. Carole

    ReplyDelete
  9. hilarious ! Jackie L

    ReplyDelete
  10. George will just have to visit me instead.

    ReplyDelete