Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Mountain Musings

I've been hiking a very popular trail, Pinnacle Peak, in Arizona, and saw my shadow whiz by and thought, "Wow! I'm going really fast!"  Then, as it sped away from me, I realized it was actually the shadow of the person on the switchback below me.  My own shadow, I then noticed, was  helping the 90 year olds on the trail above keep pace...  
I also observed how friendly the people WITHOUT earbuds are. "Hi!"  "Morning!" "How ya doing?" The ones WITH earbuds, avert their eyes and slink on past in their own personal techno bubble, as if each is the world's last and only citizen.  
I think tomorrow I'll say, "HI!!!" really loudly as I pass them and see if any jump out of their skin--I'll considerately avoid doing this on steep slopes.   Maybe.      ©10/2011  Jana B Patrick
Maybe this would work for the non-friendlies???

1 comment:

  1. for those looking for more laughs... read Jana 's blogs! She's a hoot and a half!
    ....for everyone's funny-bone. Carol W.

    ReplyDelete